An old family favourite, revamped with The Greedy Fox Steak Seasoning (if you use turkey mince try the burger seasoning instead!)
500g extra-lean minced beef
1 tbsp of Greedy Fox Steak Seasoning
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
2 carrots, washed, trimmed and diced
2tbsp plain flour
550ml beef stock
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
1tbsp tomato puree
1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
For the mash topping
500g potatoes, peeled and cut into squares
225g carrots, peeled and cut into squares
1. Add the mince to a large frying pan. Fry for 6mins, until browned. Add the garlic, onion and first lot of carrots and cook for another 2mins.
2. Add flour and Greedy Fox Steak Seasoning and cook for roughly a minute
3. Make the stock and add to the pan,
4. Add the Worcestershire sauce and tomato puree.
5. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15mins, uncover for final 5 minutes
6. Add the potatoes and carrots to a salted pan of boiling water and boil for 25 minutes or until soft and then mash (we use a ricer for perfect mash every time)
7. Add the mince mixture to a shallow oven dish and then spoon the potato mixture on top.
8. Add a little cheese for luxury and place in the oven for 20 mins until bubbling.