This is a family favourite, budget friendly meal. If you are looking for a healthier alternative just use low fat sausages it will taste just as good as the flavour is all in The Greedy Fox BBQ Seasoning
8 of your favourite sausages
800gr Mixed root vegetables. Here we used 2 small parsnips, 2 carrots, 2 small potatoes, 1 Small swede. All chopped roughly the same size.
1/2 Red pepper roughly diced
1/2 Green pepper roughly diced
1 medium onion roughly chopped
1x400gr Tin chopped Tomatoes
500ml Chicken stock.
Pre Heat oven 180deg
1. In a large frying pan with a lid or a casserole dish brown off the sausages and set aside. If there seems a lot of fat left in the pan drain some away.
2. Sauté the onions and peppers in the same pan over a medium heat until soft.
3. Stir in The Greedy Fox BBQ Seasoning and cook for a minute.
4. Add in the vegetables mix to coat them in the seasoned onion and pepper mixture.
5. Pour in the chopped tinned tomatoes and the chicken stock mix well.
6. Let the casserole simmer for 10minutes over the low heat.
7. Cover with the lid and place in the oven for 45-1hr or until the vegetables are soft.
8.Remove from the oven, remove lid and leave to stand for 10 minutes then serve.
We serve this with steamed broccoli, green beans and peas.